Have you ever noticed those mysterious letters after Realtors names? There is really no mystery to it?those initials are professional designations the Realtor has earned through continuing education. No more mystery.
Here is information about the designations held by Realtor/Brokers here at Austin REAL Pros, Inc.
What is CRS?
The Council of Residential Specialists is the largest not-for-profit affiliate of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®. It is composed of over 40,000 Certified Residential Specialists and general members and was created to provide superior member benefits which enable residential specialists to maximize their professional performance. The Council was founded in 1976 and has four objectives:
- To enhance members' continuing competence through providing superior educational opportunities in a cost-effective manner.
- To provide and promote benefits which enhance the economic value of membership in the Council.
- To create and maintain organizational systems to ensure the integrity of the Council.
- To create and maintain procedures to ensure a standard of excellence that is required for earning and maintaining the CRS Designation.
Only 5% of Realtors have the Certified Residential Specialist designation.
What is ABR®?
The Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR®) designation is the benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This coveted designation is awarded to real estate practitioners by the Real Estate BUYERS AGENT Council (REBAC) of the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® who met the specified educational and practical experience criteria. The criteria are:
- Completed the comprehensive REBAC course in buyer representation
- Successfully passed a written examination
- Demonstrated a practical experience of having completed real estate transactions in the field of buyer representation
- Received recommendations from the real estate practitioners buyer clients.
- Be a member in good standing with the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS®
What is GRI?
GRI stands for Graduate, Realtor Institute. GRI is one of the most widely recognized designations available to real estate professionals nationwide, and only those Realtors who successfully complete GRI courses 1,2 and 3 have the privilege of joining the prestigious group of Realtor Institute graduates.